Developing a Good Oral Care Routine
Upholding the quality of your oral health is vital to your overall health. Our mouths play a major role in our lives as we use them for communicating with others, eating, and flashing an amazing smile. The habits and routines you practice every day determine the state of your oral health.
Hence, you should ensure that you practice or develop the right ones, including going to your dentist here at Cumberland Pointe Dental, in Noblesville IN, Dr. Jaclyn Ridder for regular oral health exams and professional cleanings. Your Noblesville dentist is here for you.
What Can I Do to Develop a Good Oral Hygiene Routine?
There are various habits you can practice to maintain your oral health. To develop a good oral hygiene routine, your Noblesville dentist suggests these few essential tips that you can follow:
- Practice brushing your teeth the correct way. Your toothbrush should be held at an angle of 45 degrees, bristles directed to the region where your teeth and gums meet. Brush in a circular, back and forth motion, for at least two minutes. Remember to brush your tongue and the front and back of your teeth. Make sure to do this twice a day.
- Floss between your teeth every day. This habit is just as crucial as brushing your teeth. Flossing could reduce plaque formation, stimulate your gums, lessen inflammation, and rid leftover food debris from areas between the teeth that are difficult to reach.
- Use products that contain fluoride. Fluoride can strengthen tooth enamel and prevent the buildup of harmful bacteria and tooth decay.
- Gargle using mouthwash. Simply rinsing your mouth with mouthwash can fortify your teeth, kill bacteria, and lessen acidity in the mouth.
- Keep yourself hydrated with water. Water washes away unwanted food debris if you don’t have a chance to brush your teeth. Moreover, it likewise helps keep your mouth moist, which lessens the accumulation of plaque and reduces the chance of developing tooth decay and periodontal disease. It also benefits your overall health and wellbeing.
- Limit the consumption of sugary and acidic foods. You don’t necessarily have to eliminate them from your diet entirely. Simply be mindful of your food intake, as acidic and sugary foods wear down the enamel of your teeth and ultimately cause cavities.
- Do not smoke. Using products that contain tobacco can stain your teeth and result in major health complications.
When Should I See My Noblesville Dentist?
Schedule an appointment with your dentist here in Noblesville IN at least twice every year for professional cleanings and routine checkups. This will help your dentist detect any oral complications you may have overlooked and offer you the necessary treatment solution.
Having Issue with Your Oral Health? We Can Help
Call (317) 770-4783 to book a visit with your dentist, Dr. Jaclyn Ridder, here at Cumberland Pointe Dental in Noblesville, IN, now.